Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jill Pettijohn's Nutritional Cleanse: 3 Day Journey


After frequenting Jill's Cafe in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, I decided to try out Jill's three day nutritional cleanse. Cafe owner and cleanse creator Jill Pettijohn guided me - and it was a great experience! Read below for the full rundown, and stay tuned for Aarona's 5-day review as well.

Menu 3/5
Juice! You get six (that's a lot, trust me) unique juices to drink throughout the day, from a delicious green juice in the morning to a squash soup-juice for lunch, to a bedtime nut milk. Each bottle's label lists a concocton of veggies, fruit, and special herbs. The soup-juices are no joke, though - if you're new to juicing you may find the new tastes and textures hard to swallow!

Energy 5/5
I had a boost of energy while on the cleanse! I ride my bike every day, work, go to the gym, and practice yoga (when i have time!), and I felt great while juicing. This cleanse seems to support a city girl like myself, which is hard to find in a most fasts/cleanses. At no point did I feel weak - every time i got hungry, i knew it was time for the next juice (Jill advises to drink one every two hours), and the days just flew by! But don't forget to drink plenty of water inbetween juices - it's easy to get dehydrated and not receive the full cleanse benefits.

Arrangements 5/5
Jill's does deliver for a cost, but you can also pick up your juices each morning or the night before each day. I rode my bike to pick up the juices each morning, and as they were securely packaged in an adorable little case, I had no trouble transporting them!

Coming off the cleanse 5/5
After the third day, I followed Jill's guidelines to come of off the juice fast. Her comprehensive menu of simple, plant-based meals made it easy to integrate solid foods back into my diet. In the past, this has been the hardest part of the cleanse for me, so it was a relief not to experience the severity of returning to a normal food plan.

Overall Rating: 9/10

Details

Jill Pettijohn's Nutritional Cleanse
Sign up online for a 3 day or a 5 day cleanse anytime!
Jill is also available for personal consultations.

No comments: