If you're someone who likes their back scratched and healthy bright skin, you'll love adding this into your daily morning ritual! I've known about dry skin brushing for years, use to do it religiously, fell off the wagon, and now I'm back on it! It's become a part of my morning ritual -- skin brushing in circular motions from toe to head, a hot shower with a final cold blast, and my favorite natural body butter/lotion slathered all over. I feel so super fresh afterwards! You can start head to toe or toe to head though it's best to make long sweeping strokes moving upward and toward the heart to help drain the lymph back to your heart. Not only does skin brushing feel awesome and invigorating - it also helps detoxify our largest organ - our skin! It helps to reduce cellulite and removes dead skin layers, cleanses the lymphatic system, tightens and tones the skin and muscles, helps digestion, stimulates circulation and internal organs, improves the function of the nervous system, and stimulates the hormone and oil-producing glands. Be sure to find something just right for YOUR skin, which may change over time once you get used to it. I have a medium textured natural fiber brush with a long handle. Stick with it for at least a month straight and you will see some great results!
Here's some fun and interesting facts about the skin:
- "The skin is the largest most important eliminative organ in the body and is responsible for one quarter of the body's detoxification each day.
- The skin eliminates over one pound of waste acids each day in the average adult, most of it through the sweat glands.
- The skin is known as our third kidney.
- The skin receives one third of all the blood circulated in the body.
- The skin is the last to receive nutrients in the body, yet the first to show signs of imbalance or deficiency."
Wow! Cool facts!
Click here to learn more on Dry Skin Brushing and other great health tips!